* Copyright (c) 2016, Metron, Inc.
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of Metron, Inc. nor the
names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL METRON, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY
* DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
* (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* Glimpse axes may be used in many different contexts (defined by a unique GlimpseTargetStack).
* When an axis is used in a new context, a new copy is created for that context (which might
* have different bounds, or require different rendering). Instances of AxisFactory, which every
* GlimpseTarget must provide, define how this new copy is created.
* @author ulman
public interface AxisFactory1D
* Creates a copy of the provided axis which is valid for the given GlimpseTargetStack.<p>
* Normally, this method simply calls Axis1D.clone( ) which returns a copied axis linked
* to the original. However, other implementations of AxisFactory may have different
* behavior (perhaps not linking the original and copy, or setting the copy to a fixed size).<p>
* The GlimpseTargetStack argument may be used if the axis which is created should be different
* depending on where the axis is being used. Most normal implementations can ignore this.
* @param stack the context in which the axis is being used
* @param axis the original/parent axis
* @return a new Axis1D which will be used when the original axis is used in the context
described by the GlimpseTargetStack argument
public Axis1D newAxis( GlimpseTargetStack stack, Axis1D axis );